Thursday, July 23, 2009

My heart aches

My afternoon went as follows:
I picked up one of my girls who has been on my careload since I started as an intern at treehouse two years ago.  I have been through many ups and downs with her and seen her grow up, as well as seen her child grow up.  So as usual we loaded up the car seat and headed off to Burger King (what she craved while she was pregnant!)  As I sat and watched her interact with her son I couldn't help but think about all she has been through in her life.  She looks for love in all the wrong places.  All I want is for her to see how much the Lord loves her and that she is worthy of a love that will blow her socks off.  She portrays herself as an object and then gets her heart broken when the guys she dates only want her for her body.  She is such a wonderful girl but thinks of herself as nothing.  
I asked her what about being single makes her scared and she told me, "Nothing, I'm just afraid when I am single that I will sleep with multiple guys at a time.. at least when I have a boyfriend I'm only with one guy." 
However, that has lead her to 18 years of pure hell and heart ache. I told her she does not deserve to be treated like that and she didn't agree. She said this is the only way she will every find someone to love her. 
This coming from a girl who has had two miscarriages, one abortion and a child. Her heart has been broken and shattered so many times that it is hard for me to see her whole again.  I pray that the Lord of All would come down and kiss the wounds on her heart. That she would find worth in God and not in men.  That she would see herself as worthy of the kind of love she was made for. 
please pray with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Heather-

    I like the blog idea! Keep it up! You're doing great work.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.