This past week Tami and I took 10 jr. high and high school girls on an all nighter! We left after treehouse got over on Thursday night and headed straight up to Brooklyn Park to the Brunzwick Zone. There we got to bowl for an hour and then play some LAZER TAG.
I came in 2nd in lazer tag, I might add!
After that we headed over to Applebees for some half priced apps and soda. Of course the kids didn't have school on Friday, so they felt sooooo cool going to a restaurant at midnight! Once we had had our fill of chips, salsa, chicken wings and coke, we headed back to my house for the night. The girls, much to my surprise just wanted to go to bed! So we ended up watching a movie and most of them just fell right asleep. Probably because many of them were in junior high and still have bed times!
The next morning Tami and I got up and made some chocolate chip pancakes and we had a family meal together! It was so great to see these girls who absolutely do not associate at school, come together and have a great time. We didn't have a specific purpose for this retreat, other than bringing a group of girls together who don't necessarily associate outside of school. I don't know if that has helped build any bridges between girls, but I do know that they had a great time!
That sounds like loads of fun! You do have the best job in the world!
ReplyDelete